Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm A Little Nervous

About the pain that presented itself in my outer knee when I finished my 4.2 mile tempo run this morning. It lingered throughout the morning and early afternoon, then went away in the evening. The same thing happened yesterday.

The shoes (seen in my last post) will have, as of tomorrow, 301 miles on them and they're lighter weight Asics. Most of my training has been on asphalt and concrete, so it would make sense that this pair is getting worn out around this time. It's disappointing, though, that the shoes have started their last leg during my taper for the half.

Anyways, there's no way I'll be able to pick up a new pair of Asics before the race. I have a 2 mile tune up run tomorrow, then I'm off until Sunday morning. I also have some new insoles arriving on Friday or Saturday. So I'm hoping that the taper, along with the new insoles, will get me through this race unscathed.

No comments: