Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Republican Debate

I caught the last five minutes or so of the Republican debate this evening.

It's very difficult for me to envision either Romney or McCain defeating an Obama-led ticket in the fall. I'm a fan of McCain, but he seemed surprisingly arrogant in his exchanges with Romney. Mitt was the same as ever - you don't believe 85% of the words that come out of his mouth. This is an incredibly weak Republican field, as a whole, though. I'm still shocked that Huckabee hasn't caught on to a greater degree.

Oh well. We'll see what happens in a few days, but it appears as if my Huckabee prediction has already been proven incorrect. It's still incredible to think that McCain campaign workers in New Hampshire were losing their posts as recent ago as the dog days of summer. Hopefully John can come full circle; I still have hope that a McCain-Obama contest would bring a new civility to national politics.

No comments: